WATERVILLE, Maine -- Haley Driscoll had a double-double by halftime and finished with 22 points and 15 rebounds for the Colby College women's basketball team in a 72-36 win over Becker College on Thursday night.
The Mules end the first semester of play at 4-3 overall. The Hawks dropped to 4-4.
By the numbers
* Driscoll was 10-for-13 from the field and had 10 defensive rebounds.
* Paige Russell was 4-for-5 from 3-point range for 12 points, five rebounds, and four assists for the Mules. Katie McCrum added 10 points, seven rebounds, and five assists.
* The Mules had 23 assists on their 30 made field goals, with Emily Davis dishing off five. Emma LaCascia added nine points and Ainsley Burns scored eight. Jackie Albanese had four assists for Colby.
* The Mules had a 50-23 rebounding advantage and shot 46.2 percent from the field.
* Driscoll scored early and often to help the Mules dart out to a 15-5 lead after one quarter. Colby used an 8-1 scoring run to start the second quarter to go up 23-6 on the way to a 36-16 halftime lead.
* The Mules struggled in the first four minutes of the third quarter, but still had a 12-11 scoring margin over the Hawks in the period. Colby had 24 points in the fourth quarter.