LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's basketball team lost 49-37 to visiting Regis College on Saturday afternoon at the Leicester Gymnasium on the Becker campus in Leicester.
January 5, 2019
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester
Score: Regis 49, Becker 37
Records: Regis (4-8) | Becker (6-5)
FOR THE HAWKS
• Junior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) led the Hawks with 12 points, six rebounds and two steals.
• Senior forward Adrianna Dowdy (East Haven, Conn. / Hill Regional Career) pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds with four points and two assists.
• Senior forward Ciara McKissick (Charlton, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) filled the stat-line with seven points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals.
• Senior guard Allie Ablondi (Thompson, Conn. / Tourtellotte Memorial) came off the bench to tally three steals in just eight minutes.
FOR THE PRIDE
• Senior guard Maura Russell (Braintree, Mass. / Braintree) posted a game-high 14 points with two steals to lead a balanced Regis offense.
• Junior guard Valerie Martin (Derry, N.H. / Pinkerton Academy) added eight points and six rebounds.
• Junior forward Katryna Veasey (Quincy, Mass. / Archbishop Williams) came through with six points, six rebounds and three steals.
• Senior forward Sam D'Angelo (Woburn, Mass. / Woburn) came off the bench and finished with seven points and seven boards.
• The Pride went 11-of-18 from the free-throw line, compared to just four-of-eight for the Hawks.
• The game opened with Becker going ahead 10-2 early on, a ten-point run capped off with a jumper from sophomore guard Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I. / St. Mary Academy Bay View).
• Regis answered with a 15-3 run and went into halftime with a 20-14 lead, and the Hawks were never able to tie it up again. The Pride pulled away in the second half, eventually going up by as much as 20.
• Prior to the game, a moment of silence was held for former OWCA Coordinator of Officials Doug Brown, who passed away unexpectedly last night. Brown refereed many Becker basketball games over the years, and his loss is felt throughout the college basketball community in New England.
• It was the Becker women's basketball team's first game of the 2019 calendar year.
The Hawks will be back in action on Tuesday night when they travel to Eastern Nazarene College for a 5:30 p.m. game in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) play. The Pride will host Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics