WORCESTER, Mass. ---- The Becker College women's ice hockey team lost 2-0 to visiting Endicott College in Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) action on Monday night at the Hart Recreation Center on the campus of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester. The game was a makeup from this past Friday evening which was postponed due to travel difficulties.
February 4, 2019
Hart Recreation Center, Worcester, Mass.
Score: Endicott 2, Becker 0
Records: Endicott (13-4-4, CHC 5-2-1) | Becker (4-14-3, CHC 1-6-1)
• After a scoreless first period, the Gulls of Endicott finally broke through on a power play 5:53 into the second when senior defender Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn. / Roseville Area) fed junior forward Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt. / Rice Memorial) for a goal to go up 1-0.
• Then with 5:35 to go in the second, Endicott sophomore forward Isabel Hill (Derry, N.H. / Kimball Union Academy) scored to put the Gulls up 2-0, assisted by junior forward Emma McDowell (Alexandria, Va. / Washington Pride (JWHL)) and freshman forward Tabitha Franceschini (Brick, N.J. / Gunnery School). That would hold up for the final score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Becker senior goaltender Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo. / Walpole Express) finished the night with 46 saves.
• Endicott senior goaltender Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden / Linkoping HC) had 13 saves in the shutout.
• Endicott outshot Becker, 48-13.
The Hawks are back on the Friday when they play host to Morrisville State in a 7:05 p.m. game. The Gulls face SUNY Canton on home on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics