WEST HARTFORD, Conn. --- Becker junior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) reach the 1000 career point total as the Becker College women's basketball team prevailed 56-41 at the University of St. Joseph on Monday night at the O'Connell Center in West Hartford, Connecticut.
December 3, 2018
O'Connell Center, West Hartford, Conn.
Score: Becker 56, St. Joseph 41
Records: Becker 5-3 | Saint Joseph 2-7
FOR THE HAWKS
• Harrison led all scorers with 22 points on 8-of-15 shooting. Harrison also tallied three rebounds and two steals. Harrison hit a three-point jumper with 2:17 to go in the game to give 1001 points for her career. Harrison becomes the first Hawk to make the list since former Becker great Haley Ooms reached it on February 4th, 2014.
• Becker senior forward Adrianna Dowdy (East Haven, Conn. / Hill Regional Career), the reigning NECC Player of the Week, continued her stellar play of late, recording a double-double with ten points and 18 rebounds. Dowdy also tallied five steals, four assists and a block.
• Junior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) chipped in with five points, seven rebounds, five assists and a block.
• Collectively, Becker outshot Saint Joseph, 39.3 percent to 23.2 percent.
FOR THE BLUE JAYS
• Saint Joseph was led by Melicia Mendez, who came off the bench to score 19 points, going three-of-six from behind the arc.
• Raelynn Voislow added seven points with six rebounds, three steals and two assists.
With 5:24 left in the third quarter, the Blue Jays pulled to within five on a three-pointer, 32-27. That's when the Hawks pulled away with a 7-0 run capped off by a Dowdy free throw. The hosts wouldn't get closer than seven after that stretch.
The Hawks are back on the court on Tuesday night when they host Framingham State University at 5:30 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerColleg