LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's basketball team lost 66-62 to visiting University of New England on Thursday evening at the Leicester Gymnasium on the campus of Becker College in Leicester.
November 14, 2019
Leicester Gymnasium, Leicester, Mass.
Score: University of New England 66, Becker 62
Records: The Nor'easter of UNE 3-0 | The Hawks of Becker 1-3
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Becker senior guard Cassidy Harrison (Foxborough, Mass. / Foxborough) led the Hawks with 18 points, shooting 7-of-13 from the floor and 2-of-4 from behind the arc. The senior team captain also added a steal, an assist and a block.
- Freshman forward Natasha Pacheco (Fairfax, Va. / WT Woodson) posted her fourth career double-double in four collegiate games, totaling 12 points and 11 rebounds while dishing out a game-high six assists.
- Junior guard Jazlyn Contreras (Pawtucket, R.I. / St. Mary Academy Bay View) had one of her best games of the season, scoring 14 points with four assists and two steals on 50 percent shooting from the floor.
- Senior forward Sarah Ware (Oakham, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) added ten points, four rebounds, the assists, two blocks and two steals.
- The Hawks collectively shot 53.8 percent from behind the arc.
FOR THE NOR'EASTERS OF UNE
- UNE senior guard Jocelyn Chaput (Nashua, N.H. / Nashua South) led the Nor'easters with 19 points, six rebounds, five assists and two steals, shooting 6-of-8 from the floor and 3-of-4 from behind the arc.
- First-year forward Kaylee Beyor (South Burlington, Vt. / Champlain Valley Union) finished with 13 points and seven rebounds.
- Sophomore guard Abby Cavallaro (South Portland, Maine / Cheverus) filled the stat line with 12 points, five rebounds, five assists and six steals.
- Senior guard Sadie Nelson (Windham, Maine / Windham) contributed 12 points and four boards.
- The Nor'easters enjoyed a 37-31 advantage in rebounding, and tallied 15 steals off 28 Hawks turnovers.
- Down 57-45 early in the fourth quarter, Becker would rally with a 12-0 run to tie it up at 57-57 off a three-pointer from Pacheco with 4:35 to go in the game. Just over a minute later and with the Hawks trailing by five, Pacheco would hit another triple to pull her team to within two at 62-60. Ultimately, however, the Nor'easters would make their free throws down the stretch as Cavallao iced it with ten seconds left to put the visitors up be four.
The Hawks are back on the court on Sunday when they travel to Elmira College for a 1:00 p.m. game. The Nor'easters, meanwhile, while travel to Tufts University for their next contest against one of the nation's best teams, that coming on Monday at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics