LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's soccer team lost 2-1 to visiting University of Maine Fort Kent on Wednesday afternoon at Alumni Field on the campus of Becker College in Leicester.
October 30, 2019
Alumni Field, Leicester, Mass.
Score: UMaine Fort Kent 2, Becker 1
Records: The Hawks of Becker 11-7-2 | The UMaine Fort Kent Bengals of 10-4
- After a back-and-forth first half, the two teams went to halftime scoreless.
- In the 54th minute, UMFK junior Tolu Oyeniyi (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) scored with a shot on the ground to the right hand bottom corner of the goal for her 16th goal of the season, the assist going to senior Dakota Rhea (Martin Fort Kent, Maine). The Bengals took a 1-0 lead.
- At the 76th minute of the game, UMFK junior Yuliana Sanchez (Fallbrook, California) scored a header, her 15th goal for the season, off the corner kicked by Martin. The Bengals now led 2-0.
- Late in the second half (86th minute), Becker sophomore midfielder Kristen Beidleman (Holliston, Mass. / Norfolk County Agricultural) scored off a breakaway through ball from senior midfielder Kyra Teixeira (Old Lyme, Conn. / Lyme-Old Lyme). The shot going to the bottom left hand corner of the goal to cut the deficit to 2-1.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Becker freshman goalkeeper Olivia Sherwood (Southington, Conn. / Southington) recorded 6 saves on the day, playing 70 minutes.
FOR THE BENGALS
- UMFK freshman goalkeeper Lorelei Breitfel (Albuquerque, New Mexico) recorded 8 saves on the day.
Becker is now preparing for their next game in the NECC conference playoffs, the opponent and time is to be announced at a later date.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics